The AMD45 Turbodiesel was developed with automotive design principles coupled with durability enhancements for demanding military and industrial applications. It is well suited for small high performance transport vehicles (ATVs & riverine craft), generator/APU applications, hydraulic power units, and pumps.
- Fuel efficient high-pressure common rail injection
- Advanced electronic engine controls
- Quiet multi-pulse combustion
- Wide, smooth powerband
- Lightweight aluminum engine
- Silent self-adjusting zero lash valvetrain
- Low maintenance electric water pump
- Designed for Jet A, JP-5, JP-8, and diesel fuels
- Front-mount PTO/ISA drive interface at crankshaft speed
- Automotive turbocharged diesel performance is combined with industrial diesel durability
- Lightweight all-aluminum design makes this the lightest engine in its class
- Reduced noise and exhaust emissions with electronically controlled multi-pulse combustion
- Fuel efficient high-pressure common rail fuel injection
- Multi-fuel platform is compatible with diesel, Jet-A, JP-5 and JP-8 fuels
- Broad powerband, delivered through high rpm operation
- Low maintenance design, with no adjustable mechanical devices
- Long life durability, designed for 8000 hours MTBEFF in stationary use applications
- Power take off (PTO) can drive accessories of up to 40hp at 4500 rpm from the crankshaft end opposite the vehicle drive system
- Hybrid ready PTO can be driven up to 40 hp, which is directly added to available vehicle power
- Glow plugs are centrally located in the combustion chamber for quick cold weather starts
- Coolant is circulated by an electric water pump for easy maintenance and excellent temperature control
- Remote mountable water pump increases flexibility in vehicle packaging
- Compact architecture has fully integrated components to reduce size
- Contains a gear-driven balancer shaft for smooth operation with no maintenance
Mainstream Engineering has extensive CAE, laboratory and rapid prototyping facilities for engine and motor/alternator development. These resources aid at all stages of the development process from concept evaluation to design, fabrication, and testing. Examples of our facilities include:
- CAE software tools for 1-D engine cycle simulation, 3-D reacting flow simulation, thermal and stress analysis, control strategy development, motor/alternator design, and CAD/CAM
- Large-engine dynamometer test cell (120-hp AC dynamometer)
- Small-engine dynamometer test cell (30-hp eddy-current dynamometer)
- Emissions test equipment including CO, CO2, NOX, THC, and PM
- CNC machine shop (5-axis CNC mill, several 4-axis mills and lathes)
See our Energy Conversion page for information on related energy and fuels programs. We pride ourselves on adding value at all stages from concept through to manufacturing – see examples of our other product development activities on the Patents, Manufacturing, and Products pages.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 321-631-3550 to discuss how Mainstream Engineering can help to design a custom, purpose-built engine or generator for your application.
This is our video of the AMD45 in an LTATV shot at Operation Tech Warrior this past year.
You're also Invited to Watch a short video about us and how we might serve your needs
Just Click Below to Start!
Contact email@example.com or 321-631-3550 to discuss how Mainstream Engineering can help to design and manufacture a light, rugged and reliable engine for your application.