The goal of Manufacturing is to produce our high quality thermal control and energy conversion products for military and commercial applications. Mainstream uses Lean manufacturing, a practice that enhances productivity by focusing on waste reduction, quality, flexibility, and an interactive manufacturing system.
Mainstream uses lean manufacturing to eliminate waste so that all processes add value from a customer perspective. Lean manufacturing accomplishes this goal by continuous improvement and employee involvement. By reducing waste, lean manufacturing improves productivity and gives Mainstream a competitive edge.
Our lean manufacturing practices focus on the following:
- Continuous improvement by the elimination of non-value added activities.
- Customer focus and flexibility to respond to changing requirements.
- Value Stream Mapping to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Production pull-system to control manufacturing based on customer orders.
- Standardized process instructions to ensure consistency and efficiency.
- Use of high-quality products.
Quality is not limited to the end product, but it is the goal of each step of our manufacturing process such as the conception and design, the use of raw materials, the recruiting of highly qualified employees. ISO 9001:2015 Certified.
Mainstream optimizes the manufacturing system through flexibility. We have the capacity to produce any product developed by our engineers. Our equipment is designed for its flexibility. Our employees are cross-trained.
INTERACTIVE MANUFACTURING SYSTEM:
Our manufacturing system enables employees to retrieve work instructions, graphics, or videos via an interactive, visual control system. This system improves product quality by eliminating manufacturing errors, ensuring consistency, and monitoring efficiency and quality on a “real time” basis.
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT OUR MANUFACTURING:
- 100,000 ft2 Facilities / Campus
- 58 products
- Military products
- Commercial HVAC products (see www.Qwik.com for more details)
- High Quality Products for Boating / Boaters (see www.MainstreamMarine.com for more details)