Electrical Research & Development Engineers
Mainstream Engineering Corporation is a solutions-oriented research, development and manufacturing organization founded in 1986. Our mission is to develop and implement emerging technologies into military and private sector products that provide a technological advantage. Areas of expertise include thermal control, energy conversion, turbo-machinery, chemical technology and materials science.
Due to continued growth, our firm is seeking the employ of talented Electrical Research & Development Engineers in a variety of roles including Power Electronics Engineers & Embedded Controls Engineers. Electrical Research & Development Engineers play a critical role in developing electronics products related to thermal control and energy conversion. Successful candidates will provide innovative engineering in the design and layout of PCBs, programming of microcontrollers, and design/implementation of analog circuitry and testing.
Power Electronics Engineers will:
- Develop electrical power generators up to 10 kW
- Design, prototype, test, and evaluate permanent magnet alternators and motors to convert mechanical energy to electrical energy and vice versa.
- Design, layout, fabricate, and test power converters to control and regulate power from these devices.
- Design & test power electronics (AC-DC, DC-AC, DC-DC) from 1KW to 150KW
Embedded Controls Engineers will:
- Develop electronic control equipment for thermal control and energy conversion equipment
- Design, layout, fabricate, and test printed circuit boards and program controllers for a wide array of equipment
- Have Responsibility for all electronics from the PCB to the mechanical equipment (starting circuits, capacitors, wire harnesses, etc.)
- Design & test motor and power electronic control algorithms
Mainstream Engineering is a research and development firm ideally located on the Florida's Space Coast, convenient to all of Florida's desirable activities. Several unique aspects of employment at MEC are:
- Opportunities to explore your own interests, manage your own projects, diversify your experience as well as carve out a niche for yourself in applied research and development
- Publish technically and peer-reviewed manuscripts as well as patent innovations
- Exposure to the full product development process from conception to manufacturing
- Potential to advance technologies beyond the current state of the art
- Freedom of movement between multiple projects and technology areas
- Work on challenging problems for government and private-sector clients
- BS in electrical engineering required with a minimum GPA of 3.3
- Internship experience required for entry level candidates
- Experience programming various microcontrollers
- Experience interfacing microcontrollers to peripherals a plus
- Knowledge of available electronic components and how to vet them for various applications
- Knowledge of basic power supplies a plus
- United States Citizenship required due to US Government ITAR program restrictions
How to Apply:
Interested parties should forward a resume, cover letter and unofficial copies of transcripts indicating a GPA of not less than 3.3 in all degrees earned or pending to:
Mainstream Engineering Corporation is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - M/F/D/V - DFWP