Electrical Product Development Engineer
Electrical Product Development Engineer Position Summary:
As an Electrical Product Development Engineer, you must be capable of designing components and systems for a wide range of products. Typically the systems are for thermal control or energy conversion applications. Successful candidates will provide innovative engineering solutions in the design and layout of PCBs, programming of microcontrollers, and the design/implementation of analog circuitry and testing. You will help transition products from conceptual design to the production of military and commercial products.
Desired areas of experience include:
- Electrical design experience (Altium software preferred)
- HVAC or energy conversion design
- LTSPICE experience a plus
- Prototyping and testing
- Design For Test (DFT)
- Product development gate process
- Defense contracting and/or commercial product development
As a Mainstream Product Development Engineer, you must:
- Create, optimize, and take ownership of the design process
- Work and communicate well in a team environment
- Work with minimal supervision
- Be comfortable with a hands-on approach
Power Engineers will:
- Develop electrical power generators up to 100 kW
- Design, prototype, test, and evaluate permanent magnet alternators and motors to convert mechanical energy to electrical energy and vice versa.
- Design, layout, fabricate, and test power converters to control and regulate power from these devices.
Controls Engineers will:
- Develop electronic control equipment for thermal control and energy conversion equipment.
- Design, layout, fabricate, and test printed circuit boards and program controllers for a wide array of equipment.
- Have Responsibility for all electronics from the PCB to the mechanical equipment (starting circuits, capacitors, wire harnesses, etc.)
- BS, MS or PHD in Electrical Engineering with a minimum GPA of 3.0 in all earned degrees
- Minimum 5 years experience
- US Citizenship required per US government ITAR regulations
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software
- Altium experience preferred
- Proficient in C/C++
- Experience programming various microcontrollers
- Experience interfacing microcontrollers to peripherals
- Experience with common microcontroller communication protocols
- Knowledge of available electronic components and how to evaluate them for various applications
- Knowledge of basic power supplies
How to Apply:
Interested parties should email their resume, cover letter and unofficial transcripts indicating a minimum GPA of 3.0 in all degrees earned or pending to:
Mainstream Engineering Corporation is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - M/F/D/V - DFWP